Description[edit | edit source]
There are many kinds of divine favor in the forgotten realms, each of them being related to a deity, which is in turn related to a Campaign. For each kind of Divine favor, your gold find is permanently increased by 1% per unit of favor, regardless of resets.
Divine favor is also used to purchase Blessings, but the used amount of favor no longer counts towards your permanent increase of gold find.
Permanent Campaign Favor[edit | edit source]
- Torm's Favor - A Grand Tour of the Sword Coast - Favor with Torm, the god of duty and loyalty, revered by those who face danger to bring about a greater good.
- Kelemvor's Favor - Tomb of Annihilation - Favor with Kelemvor, the lord of the dead, the judge of the damned, who despises the undead and seeks a peaceful transition for all.
- Helm's Favor - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - Favor with Helm, god of watchfulness.
- Tiamat's Favor - Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Favor with Tiamat, queen of evil dragons and goddess of greed.
Event Campaign Favor[edit | edit source]
- Chauntea's Favor - Highharvestide - Favor with Chauntea, the goddess of agriculture and the Great Mother, who is often worshiped by rural folk, especially during Highharvestide.
- Leira's Favor - Liars' Night - Favor with Leira, the goddess of deception and illusions, who delights in the confusion sown by her various incarnations.
- Jergal's Favor - Feast of the Moon - Favor with Jergal, the final scribe, the pitiless one, the bleak seneschal, who abdicated control of the dead to three ambitious mortals.
- Shar's Favor - Simril - Favor with Shar, the Mistress of the Night, the Dark Lady, Our Lady of Loss. The dark twin of Selune.
- Oghma's Favor - Wintershield - Favor with Oghma, god of inspiration, invention, and knowledge. Their faithful spread knowledge and literacy far and wide.
- Auril's Favor - Midwinter - Favor with Auril, the Frostmaiden, the merciless goddess of cold and winter. Folk worship Auril to seek mercy from a hard winter.
- Sune's Favor - Grand Revel - Favor with Sune, the Lady of Love, the Princess of Passion. She is a deity of passion and delights of the senses.
- Umberlee's Favor - Fleetswake - Favor with Umberlee, the Bitch Queen, the Queen of the Depths, the Wavemother. Umberlee is feared by sailors and their loved ones alike.
- Lliira's Favor - Festival of Fools - Favor with Lliira, Our Lady of Joy, Joybringer, Mistress of Revels. The beloved goddess of contentment, release, joy, happiness, dance, and freedom.
- Lathander's Favor - Greengrass - Favor with Lathander, the god of spring, birth, and renewal. He is a god not of the sun, but of dawn, representing a new day full of promise.
- Rillifane's Favor - The Running
- Gond's Favor - The Great Modron March
- Waukeen's Favor - Dragondown - Favor with Waukeen, our lady of gold.
- Mystra's Favor - Time Gates - Favor with Mystra, the goddess of magic and possibilities.
- Asmodeus's Favor - Founder's Day - Favor with Asmodeus, Lord of the Ninth Hells.
- Savras' Favor - Midsummer - Favor with Savras, god of divination and fortunetelling.
- Azuth's Favor - Ahghairon's Day - Favor with Azuth, God of Wizardry.
- Tempus's Favor - Brightswords - Favor with Tempus, the Lord of Battles.
Favor per Gold[edit | edit source]
Favor is awarded based on the gold earned in an adventure. Most of the permanent campaign favors (Torm, Kelemvor, and Helm) are awarded according to this formula:
- favor = (gold/5e4)^[log(1.24)/log(2.031)] ≈ (gold/5e4)^0.304
(Bonus from Blessings not included.) This means that you start to earn favor at about 50,000 gold, and earned favor increases by roughly 10× for every 1000× gold earned.
Tiamat's favor accrues at a slightly slower rate.
- Tiamat's favor = (gold/5e4)^[log(1.23)/log(2.031)] ≈ (gold/5e4)^0.292
For Events the rate of favor gain is higher, to allow for quickly accruing favor while the event lasts.
- event favor = (gold/5e4)^[log(1.25)/log(2.031)] ≈ (gold/5e4)^0.315
Once the event is over, temporary favor can be converted to a permanent favor at the following rate.
- favor bonus = 10% × log10(event favor)
Mystra's favor (from Time Gates) is converted at one quarter of this rate.
- favor bonus = 2.5% × log10(Mystra's favor)
To see how much Gold you get at each level see Coins. This leads to the approximate relation
- favor gain ∝ [(divine favor) × (other bonuses) × (time spent farming) × (kill rate)]^0.3 × 1.073^level ≈ (multipliers)^0.3 × 2^(level/10)
So for every 10 levels you advance, favor increases roughly twice as fast, ceteris paribus.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The gold increase may not seem huge at the start, however it becomes very noticeable when it gets to the thousands and higher. The amount of divine favors you get depends on the amount of gold you earned in a run and can be significant for progression. As such, if you get stuck while trying to progress, you should immediately reset, so that you will get some divine favor. Then, when you progress back to the point where you got stuck, you will have earned more gold, and more divine favors too!
Trivia[edit | edit source]